Caveirinha Jiu-Jitsu Academy
ETIQUETTE and RULES
- If you need to leave the mat or leave class earlier, you must let the Instructor know before exiting.
- Bow to your partner before/after each technique, sparring and after practice.
- Talking should be kept to a minimum level and should relate to the class subject when in class.
- NO FOUL LANGUAGE inside the academy, this is a family environment. We have many young and easily influenced individuals listening in.
- ALL DUES must be paid before training. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Bow towards the center of the mat before you ENTER and before you EXIT the training area.
- Keep a respectful posture and tone in all areas of the academy.
- Classes begin with students lining up in descending rank order.
- Classes will begin and end with a formal bow towards the Instructor.
- It is mandatory to wear a rash guard or training shirt underneath the kimono. Such outerwear is also mandatory during No-Gi classes.
- The uniform and all training wear/gear must be clean at all times. u
- When tying or fixing their uniform, students must face away from the center of the mat.
- Refer to non black belt instructors as “Coach” and refer to black-belt instructors as “Professor”.